Academic, Administrative, and Other Buildings

Baugh Center for the Visual Arts houses classrooms, offices, and gallery space for the Department of Art.  Constructed in 2012, its name honors the memory of Eula Mae and John Baugh, whose family foundation made the lead gift for the building.

Baptist Student Ministries This building was previously First Nazarene Church constructed in 1942. The building was purchased by the University in 2002 and completely renovated. It is now home to the Baptist Student Ministry.

Bawcom Student Union Building was named in honor of former president Dr. Jerry Bawcom. Completed in 2014, this 110,000 square feet building interlocks with Crusader Stadium and offers an assortment of dining areas, campus store, Student Life offices, rooms for UMHB band program, and multi-functional rooms, including the McLane Great Hall.

C.R. Clements Building was built in 1981, thanks to a gift from Mr. & Mrs. Kenneth Kirkpatrick in honor of Mr. C.R. Clements. The building was renovated in 2001 and houses offices for Development and Communications and Special Projects. An addition of 4,000 square feet was completed in March 2016 along with renovations to existing building.

Davidson Educational Building was made possible through a gift from the estate of C.J. “Red” Davidson. Constructed in 1983, the complex provides classrooms, computer facilities, and office space for Computer Science and Engineering, English, and Modern Foreign Languages.

Frazier Center, built in 1960, provides offices for various faculty.

Hardy Hall, named in honor of former president Dr. J.C. Hardy, this building was constructed in 1929. It was renovated in 2015 for our Doctor of Physical Therapy program which contains classrooms, offices, and labs.

Heard Hall, This is the oldest building on campus. Constructed in 1919, it originally was used as a women’s residence hall from approximately 1919 to 1960.  The building served as the administration building for a short time and currently houses academic offices.

Isabelle Rutherford Meyer Nursing Education Center was completed in 2012 and dedicated in February 2013.  The building houses faculty offices, classrooms, and simulation laboratories for UMHB’s Scott and White School of Nursing.  The lead gift for the building was contributed by the Paul and Jane Meyer Family Foundation, and the building is named for Paul Meyer’s mother, who during her lifetime worked as both a nurse and a teacher.

Mabee Student Success Center was made possible by a grant from the J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation. Built in 1973, the building was expanded in 1995. The building was renovated in 2014-2015. The building contains: University Police, Post Office, Mabee Market, Cru Card and Copy Services,, Career Services, Writing Center, International Student Services, Center for Global Engagement, Center for Academic Advising , ROTC, Robert and Linda Black Center for Counseling, Testing & Health Services.

Parker Academic Center is a multi-purpose facility housing classrooms, offices, and student labs for the College of Education and McLane College of Business. The facility was completed in the summer of 2002 and is named in honor of Dr. Bobby E. Parker, former UMHB President.

Parker House The house is named in honor of former president and chancellor Dr. Bobby E. Parker and his wife Marietta, by the donor, Mrs. JoAn Musick-Flowers. In 1989, the residence opened and is where the Parkers resided until Dr. Parker assumed the role of chancellor in 1991. Dr. Jerry Bawcom and his wife, Vicky, were the last president and first lady to live in the house. When Dr. Bawcom became chancellor in 2009 and moved to a home off campus, the house was remodeled and converted into the Musick Alumni Center and Museum.

Paul and Jane Meyer Christian Studies Center was made possible by a gift from Paul and Jane Meyer and was completed in the summer of 2008.  This building contains offices, classrooms, a library and a chapel for the College of Christian Studies.

President’s Home at 1032 University Drive was built in 2009 as campus home for the UMHB first family.  Dr. Randy O’Rear and his wife, Julie, were the first president and first lady to live in the home.

Presser Fine Arts Building was made possible by a gift from the Presser Foundation and contains studios, practice rooms, and faculty offices for the Department of Music, as well as Hughes Recital Hall named in memory of J.K. and Annie Hughes. The building was constructed in 1929. The recital hall was refurbished in 1979 through a generous gift made by Raymond L. Dillard and Genevieve Hughes Dillard (Class of ’31).

Sanderford Administrative Complex, named in memory of the parents of T.E. Sanderford, was made possible by a substantial gift from Mr. and Mrs. T.E. Sanderford. Built in 1979, the complex houses the administrative offices of the university, including the Registrar’s Office, Admissions & Recruiting, Cashiers, and Financial Aid. Renovations to the building were made in 1997, and a two-story addition was completed in 2007.

 Sue and Frank Mayborn Performing Arts Center was completed in 2017. The facility is designed to double as an academic building and a performance venue. The centerpiece of the facility is a 524-seat theater, complete with orchestra pit, fly space, and a proscenium stage.

Townsend Memorial Library, named for Dr. and Mrs. E.G. Townsend, contains approximately 150,000 volumes, including bound periodicals and microfilm, and receives over 4,500 current periodicals and newspapers. The fully automated library has access to the Internet, electronic journals, more than 3,500 of which are full-text, and numerous electronic databases.  This building was constructed in 1961 and remodeled in 1994.

UMHB Community Life Center, located at 717 College Street, provides affordable counseling to those in Bell County who need counseling services.

J.W. Williams Service Center is located on the northern edge of the campus, at 800 Industrial Park Road. The building is named for J.W. Williams, who served as maintenance supervisor for the campus 1936-41 and 1948-77. This property was purchased in Setpember 2012 and renovations were completed in September 2013. This facility now houses offices and shops for the staff of the Physical Plant and Event Services.

Wells Science Hall, named for former president Dr. E.H. Wells, was constructed in 1920. It is devoted to classrooms, laboratories, and offices for the Mathematics and Physics, undergraduate Psychology, and Social Work, Sociology and Criminal Justice departments.  The building was renovated in 1996, 2001, and 2013.

W.W. Walton Chapel was completed in the spring of 1967. Named for donor W.W. Walton of Bartlett, the building serves as a chapel and auditorium. The Chapel was remodeled in 2003.

York House, located at 803 College St., houses the Office of English as a Second Language.

York Science Center, named in memory of longtime faculty member Dr. C.L. York, provides offices, classrooms, and laboratories for the Biology and Chemistry departments and contains the Anne Ammons Brindley Auditorium. The building was completed in 1996.