Admission of International Students

Note: All forms must be completed in English. All money must be in U.S. dollars.

All International Students applying for Admission to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor must:

  1. Submit completed International Application form. All items must be completed.
  2. Submit a notarized Affidavit of Educational Support (I-134) showing the availability of funds to finance student’s education and transportation both to school and back to student’s home country. A signed letter of support may be substituted for the affidavit. The letter should state the relationship of the sponsor to the applicant and specify exactly what expenses are covered. Documentation is required. All money amounts must be stated in U.S. dollars.
  3. Submit official transcripts or diplomas from all schools, colleges, and universities previously attended. If the student has attended United States colleges/universities, the official transcripts must be mailed directly to the Admissions Office. Students wishing to submit undergraduate transcripts for possible transfer credit are required to submit the original transcript to a recognized evaluation service with the course-by-course evaluation sent directly to the university.
  4. Submit a copy of the passport identification page. Passport must show validity at least 6 months from the expected date of enrollment.
  5. Submit the following fee (in U.S. dollars):

    $135 Application Fee (Not refundable.)

When all of the above items have been received from the student, action will be taken by the Office of International Student Services. An I-20 form cannot be issued until the student has been accepted by the university.

The University reserves the right to change prices.

Once accepted for admission, all international students are required to:

  1. Submit a completed Medical History form.
  2. If living in campus housing, submit completed University Housing Reservation form - including Medical History form and validation (copy of shot records) of the meningitis vaccine (Menactra).
  3. For students from countries identified as "TB High Risk" as published by the World Health Organization: submit validation of a negative TB skin test and/or report of negative (normal) chest x-ray - must be within 6 months of initial enrollment.

General Academic Requirements

Students who are seeking a major or an approved academic program offered by Mary Hardin-Baylor will be considered for admission. All degree-seeking students will be required to meet University degree requirements to include chapel requisites and six semester hours of religion courses. Students will be allowed to continue in enrollment only if they maintain good academic progress.


This U.S. Immigration Student Eligibility form will be issued only after all conditions of the application process have been met. Mary Hardin-Baylor is an Academic School, and no I-20 will be issued to any student for the sole purpose of aiding the student in avoiding military service in his/her home country.


The major international airport serving Central Texas is the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Commuter flights are available from this international airport to the local airports in Killeen (32 miles from campus) and Austin (50 miles from campus). Cab transportation may be obtained at the airports. Bus transportation to Belton is another option.


Students are encouraged to carry travelers' checks or cashier checks. Money may be deposited in a local bank. Advanced fees, tuition, and room and board must be paid in U.S. dollars or negotiable instruments.

Payment of Accounts

Full payment is required at time of enrollment. All international students must preregister for any succeeding semester, and their account must be paid in full by the close of business on the Friday after the normal registration period.

Mail all Correspondence to:

University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

Director of International Student Services

UMHB Box 8367

900 College Street

Belton, Texas 76513