Registration Policy and Procedures

Registration is completed according to the procedures and time schedule published on the website at

Academic Advisement

Each student is assigned an academic advisor. Advisors assist students in arranging their schedule of classes and in making progress toward their chosen degree. Prior to registering each semester, all students must obtain an advisor’s approval of their proposed schedules.

Audit Registration

A student may register for most courses by audit. However, laboratory courses and workshops may be audited only by approval of the instructor. An audit course may not be changed to a credit course nor may a credit course be changed to an audit course after the last day of registration for that particular course.

Repeating a Course

A student may repeat a course for the purpose of raising a grade by re-taking that course at UMHB. However, while the highest grade earned will be used to compute the grade point average, all grades will remain on the transcript. Re-taking courses at other institutions that were initially taken at UMHB may satisfy degree requirements but the UMHB course grade will remain on the transcript.

Dropping or Adding Courses

All dropping, adding, and changing courses must be arranged by the student through the Registrar’s Office in order to be considered official. A student wishing to drop or add a course must complete the schedule change via MyCampus (through the UMHB online registration system) or go, in person, to the Registrar’s Office. Students receiving VA benefits must also provide information on schedule changes to the UMHB VA Office.

Courses may be dropped as follows. Students should refer to the website for the exact dates of each drop period as these dates will vary:

  • The Pre-Census Period: If a course is dropped before or on the census date, no grade or record of the class will appear on the student’s transcript.
  • The “W” Period: If a course is dropped during the “W” Period, the class is recorded on the student’s transcript with a grade of “W”.
  • The “WP/WQ” Period: If a course is dropped during the “WP/WQ” Period, the class is recorded on the student’s transcript with a grade of “WP” or” WQ” as reported by the instructor.
  • No course may be dropped after the end of the “WP/WQ” Period.

Any student who stops attending a class but fails to officially drop the course through the Registrar’s Office will be given a failing grade in the class.

Withdrawal from the University

Students who must withdraw from the University before the expiration of the semester or session for which they are enrolled must complete the official Withdrawal Form in the Registrar’s Office and secure the approval of the Business Office. University housing students must also secure the approval of the Dean of Students before withdrawing from the University.

A student whose withdrawal is necessitated by illness or injury will be given three weeks within which to withdraw officially.

Students experiencing a disruption in enrollment lasting longer than one academic year must reorganize their respective degree plan to conform with the current catalog.

Students who stop attending classes but fail to withdraw officially will be given failing grades in all courses.

Transcript of University Credits

A transcript of University credits is an official copy of a student’s permanent record, bearing the University seal and the signature of the Registrar. Copies of students’ transcripts are available upon written request to the Registrar’s Office.

Requests should include the student name (or name attended under), social security number/UMHB identification number, and complete address of where the transcript is to be sent. Requests can be sent to:

University of Mary Hardin-Baylor

Office of the Registrar

UMHB Box 8425

900 College Street

Belton, TX 76513

Transcripts will not be released if the student owes money to the University. This includes, but is not limited to, money owed to the library, bookstore, health center, business office, or any other department or agency considered a part of the University.