Academic, Administrative, and Other Buildings

Allen House (Reading Camp) Formerly the home to the English as Second Language program (ESOL). Allen International Junior College provided a donation towards the building’s renovation. Currently, the building is used as the campus Reading Camp for aspiring teachers.

Cornerstone Baptist Student Ministries This building was previously First Nazarene Church constructed in 1942. The building was purchased by the University in 2002 and completely renovated. It is now home to the BSM.

C.R. Clements Building is an external relations building given by Mr. & Mrs. Kenneth Kirkpatrick in honor of Mr. C.R. Clements (1981). The building was renovated in 2001.

Davidson Educational Building was made possible through a gift from the Davidson Foundation. Constructed in 1983, the complex provides classrooms, computer facilities, and office space for the Computer and Information Sciences, English, and Modern Foreign Languages.

Frazier Center, built in 1960, houses Graduate Counseling and Psychology and Campus host offices.

Hardy Hall , named in honor of former president Dr. J.C. Hardy, contains a reception area, dining hall on the second floor, and classrooms and offices for the departments of Undergraduate Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Criminal Justice, ROTC and the Center for Academic Excellence. The building was constructed in 1929.

Heard Hall , This is the oldest building on campus. Constructed in 1919, it originally was used as a women’s residence hall from approximately 1919 to 1960, the building served as the administration building for a short time and currently houses academic offices.

Mabee Student Center was made possible by a grant from the J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation. Built in 1973, it contains the bookstore, post office, Crusader Cafe, Student Life, student activities (Information Station), Lillian Shelton Theater, student publications offices, classrooms, and Robert and Linda Black Center for Counseling, Testing, and Health Services, Student Life Offices, Student Organizations and Student Government. The building was expanded in 1995. Shelton Theater was renovated in 2003.

Parker Academic Center is a multi-purpose facility housing classrooms, offices and student labs for the College of Education and College of Business. The facility was completed in the summer of 2002 and is named in honor of Dr. Bobby E. Parker, former President.

Parker House The house is named in honor of former president and Chancellor Dr. Bobby E. Parker and his wife Marietta, by the donor, Mrs. JoAn Musick-Flowers. In 1989, the residence opened where the Parker’s resided until Dr. Parker’s resignation as president in 1991. Dr. Jerry Bawcom and his wife was the last president to live in the house. Dr. Bawcom retired in 2009. The summer of 2009 brought a total remodel to the house and converted it to the ALUMNI Center on the first floor and Museum on the second floor.

Paul and Jane Meyer Christian Studies Center was made possible by a gift from Paul and Jane Meyer and was completed in the summer of 2008. This building contains offices, classrooms, a library and a chapel for the College of Christian Studies.

Presser Fine Arts Building was made possible by a gift from the Presser Foundation and contains studios, practice rooms, faculty offices for the Art, Music, and Theatre, as well as Hughes Recital Hall named in memory of J.K. and Annie Hughes. The building was constructed in 1929. The recital hall was refurbished in 1979 through a generous gift made by Raymond L. Dillard and Genevieve Hughes Dillard (class of ’31).

Sanderford Administrative Complex, named in memory of the parents of T.E. Sanderford, was made possible by a substantial gift from Mr. and Mrs. T.E. Sanderford and was completed in 1979. The complex houses the administrative offices of the University, including the Registrar’s Office, Admissions & Recruiting and Financial Aid. Renovations to the building completed in 1997 and a two-story addition was completed in 2007.

The Digital Media Center, located at 207 W. 11th serves the campus with hardware for audio-visual instruction and duplication services.

Townsend Memorial Library, named for Dr. and Mrs. E.G. Townsend, contains approximately 150,000 volumes, including bound periodicals and microfilm, and receives over 4,500 current periodicals and newspapers. The fully automated library has access to the Internet, electronic journals, more than 3,500 of which are full-text, and numerous electronic databases. This building was constructed in 1961 and remodeled in 1994.

UMHB Community Life Center, located at 717 College Street provides affordable counseling to those in need of services in Bell County.

Watkins Missionary Home, named for Sue Watkins, an alumna of Mary Hardin-Baylor. This building was remodeled in 2003, and now houses the Campus Police Department.

J.W. Williams Service Center was built in 1948 and named for long-time (1936-41, 1948-77) maintenance supervisor, J.W. Williams. This facility houses offices and shops for the Department of Facilities Services.

Wells Nursing and Science Hall, named for former president Dr. E.H. Wells, was constructed in 1920. It is devoted to classrooms, laboratories, and offices for the Mathematics and Nursing departments. The building was renovated in 1996 and 2001.

W.W. Walton Chapel was completed in the spring of 1967. Named for donor W.W. Walton of Bartlett. The building serves as a chapel and auditorium. The Chapel was remodeled in 2003.

Gertrude York Art Studio was made possible by a gift from the family of Dr. C. L. York and named for his wife. The building was opened in 1996 and houses studio space for ceramics and sculpture for the Art Department.

York House located at 803 College St. was dedicated to International Student Services. This building incorporates the international office, a computer lab, and student lounge. International Student Union meets here and hosts international events.

York Science Center , named in honor of the Dr. C.L. York family, a former faculty member, provides offices, classrooms, and laboratories for the Biology and Chemistry departments and contains the Anne Ammons Brindley Auditorium . The building was completed in 1996.