Professional Certification

Dr. Angela Ward, Interim Program Director

Students who wish to take graduate courses at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor for the sole purpose of pursuing some professional certification will only be permitted to enroll for such purpose if they fulfill the following requirements:

  1. make application for graduate admission to the University;
  2. sign a form indicating desire to take courses without pursuing a degree;
  3. schedule an appointment with the Dean of the College of Education;
  4. have a GPA of at least 3.00 for all transfer work which will count toward the certificate being pursued; and
  5. meet all of the following conditions:

    -at least twelve semester hours toward the desired certificate must be taken at UMHB;

    -once started on a certification plan at UMHB, courses taken subsequently at another university must have prior written approval. Any such course must have a GPA of at least 3.00;

    -all coursework taken at UMHB after the commencement of the certification program must have a GPA of at least 3.00.